Saturday, August 01, 2009

Fun Website Coming

Look for:

www.bunkerfetish.com

For several years I have owned this domain that I have to date never developed. My purchasing it had grown out my observation that some Golf Architecture Cognoscenti are focused on bunker appearance to an inappropriate degree. The measure of importance placed upon bunker appearance to these connoisseurs is such that a course of less merit with a certain look of bunkers will be held in much higher esteem than one that has great strategic merit but less artsy bunkers. If bunkers are so compelling to force the viewer to not rcognize other merit or lack of then it's time to do something about it.

In response to the disproportionate attention given this artistic feature I was once led me to say:

"If Bunker appearance is all that really matters than the Old Course must be crap". Consider that to be the "Golf is somewhere between a religion and a disease" of bunkerfetish.com.

So send me your favorite bunkers at the.redanman@gmail.com so I can save them, I don't use that e-mail much so don't send important information there, use the one linked to this blog.

I think the time has come. But knowing me, don't hold your breath just yet.

No comments: