Wednesday, September 30, 2009

CC of Scranton: putting, putting and more putting

The Penna GA just had the Art Wall Major for 45 + year old players and I had looked forward all season to this event. I have no excuses for a laughable putting session just not being able to find a way to hit short putts on-line in the wind (I never practice and certainly not at Lehigh with our bad greens) on fast greens so I usually accommodate pretty well or well, occasionally not putt so very well. My back went south for the last 27 and I was over 18 putts per each of the last 3 nines.

Well, ball striking with a crap back? Decent. Probably 9 fairways and 9 or 10 greens daily. Putting? The lags were all OK but one, However ..... I don't think I made a 3-5 footer in 36 holes. Total putts were 75ish. (!) Four-putted the par 5 18th for bogey (last three from 5 feet) after hitting in two.



Highlight?

Only one in the entire field to birdie 298 yard #8 both days and nearly a 2 today. Lots of "others" believe it or not.

Tip of the cap to Greg Boring for great conditioning and a Boring setup each day. (smiley wink).

The evidence (be sure to check out #8.)That 48 was my first 9 today with 22 puttzzzz

A couple of looks

First hole

Third Hole

Old Dead Guy moves dirt ...


I was playing, it was raining and didn't have time for more or better, sorry!

No comments: